Monterey B.t., Ready-to-Use, OMRI, 32 oz.
Monterey B.t. is a biological insecticide whose active ingredient is the beneficial bacteria Bacillus thuringiensis. It works by introducing bacterial spores and toxins into the body of the insect larvae as it feeds on foliage. These toxins quickly disrupt, and soon completely stop, normal digestive functions of the pest insect. The infected larvae will cease eating within minutes and fully succumb to the effects of the B.t. and die within 2-5 days.
- Controls worms and caterpillars on fruits, vegetables, ornamentals and shade trees in and around the Home Garden
- Monterey B.t. should be applied when worms or caterpillars are first noticed, then repeated at five 5-7 day intervals while they are active.
- It should be applied more frequently to control heavy infestations.
- Monterey B.t. should be applied thoroughly to top and bottom of foliage, and reapplied after heavy rains.
- May be applied up to and on the day of harvest.
- OMRI listed for organic gardening.