Watermelon Sugar Baby Seed Packet - Ferry-Morse
Our Heirloom Sugar Baby Watermelon seeds will grow into the perfect sized watermelon for fridge storage.
Its flavor is in its name as sugar babies flesh is nice and sweet — just like sugar! This fruit grows to about 8 pounds, which is just the right size for your refrigerator. It is an early season variety that's high in vitamins A, B, and C, too.
- Flavor: Super sweet with fine grained flesh.
- Preparation Ideas: Cut in half and scoop out balls of watermelon to serve as a tasty snack or appetizer, or blend to make a watermelon smoothie!
- Plant Type: Fruit
- Fill Weight (grams): 1.5
- Grows Best In: Full Sun
- Days to Germination: 6-8 Days
- Days to Maturity: 95 Days
- Planting Depth: .5"
- Seed Spacing: Sow Sugar Baby Heirloom Watermelon seeds roughly 5' apart in rows, keeping rows approximately 6' apart.
Instructions: Start Sugar Baby Heirloom Watermelon seeds indoors 4 weeks before transplanting outdoors. Take care not to disturb roots when transplanting. Or, sow a few seeds over a hill 9"-12" tall and 2' across. When the plants are 3" tall, thin by cutting to 3 plants per hill. Use a balanced fertilizer to increase yield.
Suggestions: Choose a site with good drainage, good air circulation, and full sun. They're ready to harvest when the skin on the underside turns yellow and when a thump with knuckles produces a hollow sound.