Watermelon Jubilee Seed Packet - Ferry-Morse
Jubilee Watermelon is a popular melon that has firm, crisp and brilliantly bright red flesh.
These oblong watermelons have a light green base with dark green stripes. This variety weighs 25 pounds or more when mature. They're also wilt resistant and rich in vitamins A, B, and C!
- Flavor: Very sweet taste and a firm flesh delicate in texture.
- Preparation Ideas: A sweet treat for a hot day when sliced and served as a snack.
- Plant Type: Vegetable
- Fill Weight (grams): 3.5
- Grows Best In: Full Sun
- Days to Germination: 6-8 Days
- Days to Maturity: 95 Days
- Planting Depth: .5"
- Seed Spacing: Sow Jubilee Watermelon seeds roughly 6' apart in rows, keeping rows approximately 5' apart.
- Disease Resistance: Wilt
Instructions: Start Jubilee Watermelon seeds indoors 4 weeks before transplanting outdoors. Take care not to disturb roots when transplanting. Or, sow a few seeds over a hill 9"-12" tall and 2' across. When the plants are 3" tall, thin by cutting to 3 plants per hill. Use a balanced fertilizer to increase yield.
Suggestions: Choose a site with good drainage, good air circulation and full sun. They're ready to harvest when the skin on the underside turns yellow and when a thump with knuckles produces a hollow sound.