Watermelon Crimson Sweet Seed Packet - Ferry-Morse
Crimson Sweet Watermelon has exceptionally sweet, deep red flesh that hides behind a distinctively dark green stiped rind.
These round melons are high in vitamins A, B, and C and can grow to 25 pounds. They're a main season favorite.
- Flavor: Crisp and intensely sweet with high sugar content.
- Preparation Ideas: A sweet treat for a hot day when sliced and served as a snack.
- Plant Type: Fruit
- Fill Weight (grams): 2
- Grows Best In: Full Sun
- Days to Germination: 6-8 Days
- Days to Maturity: 85 Days
- Planting Depth: .5"
- Seed Spacing: Sow Crimson Sweet Watermelon seeds roughly 6' apart in rows, keeping rows approximately 5' apart.
Instructions: Start Crimson Sweet Watermelon seeds indoors 4 weeks before transplanting outdoors. Take care not to disturb roots when transplanting. Or, sow a few seeds over a hill 9"-12" tall and 2' across. When the plants are 3" tall, thin by cutting to 3 plants per hill. Use a balanced fertilizer to increase yield.
Suggestions: Choose a site with good drainage, good air circulation and full sun. They're ready to harvest when the skin on the underside turns yellow and when a thump with knuckles produces a hollow sound.