Tomato San Marzano Organic Seed Packet - Ferry-Morse
The San Marzano Tomato is a heavy yielding tomato variety used for preserves, solid-pack canning, tomato paste, and tomato puree.
These tomatoes grow on an indeterminate plant and have very little juice. A lovely mild flavor, mature tomatoes measure roughly 3.5" long and 1.5" thick. Harvest around this size.
- Flavor: Mild, with little juice.
- Preparation Ideas: Perfect for tomato paste or sauce.
- Plant Type: Vegetable
- Fill Weight (grams): 0.25
- Grows Best In: Full Sun
- Days to Germination: 7-10 Days
- Days to Maturity: 85-90 Days
- Growth Type: Semi-determinate
- Planting Depth: .25"
- Seed Spacing: Sow Organic San Marzano Tomato seeds roughly 2' apart in rows, keeping rows approximately 3' apart.
- Disease Resistance: Crack
Instructions: Start Organic San Marzano Tomato seeds indoors in a sunny location 6 weeks prior to warm weather. Transplant outdoors in full sun when seedlings display 4-6 leaves and the weather is warm. Seeds can be sown directly into the garden when soil is warm. Tomatoes cannot tolerate frost.
Suggestions: To keep tomatoes clean and easier to pick, support with stakes or cages. Tomatoes require at least an inch of water per week.