Hybrid Jelly Bean Tomatoes are a poplar "grape-type" to grow in your garden.
This small, sweet, red tomato variety grows in clusters of 15 to 30 fruits — like grapes! The oblong-shaped tomatoes are crack resistant. Jelly Bean tomatoes are indeterminate. Perfect size for salads or eating whole. Fantastic flavor! Disease tolerant to V, FF, A, ST.
- Characteristics: Sweet and crunchy!
- Flavor: Sweet.
- Preparation Ideas: Tasty in salads or to snack on alone.
- Plant Type: Vegetable
- Pelleted Seed Count: 15 Pelleted Seeds
- Grows Best In: Full Sun
- Days to Germination: 7 - 10 Days
- Days to Maturity: 70 Days
- Growth Type: Indeterminate
- Planting Depth: .25"
- Seed Spacing: Plant Hybrid Jelly Bean Tomato seeds roughly 2' apart in rows, keeping each row approximately 3' apart.
- Tolerance: Verticillium Wilt|Fusarium 1 & 2|Alternaria|Stemphylium
Instructions: Start Hybrid Jelly Bean Tomato seeds indoors in a sunny location 6 weeks prior to warm weather. Transplant outdoors in full sun when seedlings display 4 - 6 leaves and weather is warm. Seed can be sown directly into garden when soil is warm. Tomatoes cannot tolerate frost.
Suggestions: Hybrid Jelly Bean Tomato is great for containers. To keep tomatoes clean and easier to pick, support with stakes or cages. Tomatoes require at least an inch of water per week.