Tomato Heirloom Big Rainbow Seed Packet - Ferry-Morse
Big Rainbow Tomato is an interesting heirloom sweet tomato to grow.
Displaying golden color with red running through the flesh, and huge ribbed shoulders, they are delicious and perfect for slicing. Vines grow in an indeterminate pattern.
- Flavor: Mild and sweet.
- Preparation Ideas: Great for salads and sandwiches.
- Plant Type: Vegetable
- Fill Weight (grams): 0.2
- Grows Best In: Full Sun
- Days to Germination: 7-10 Days
- Days to Maturity: 80-102 Days
- Growth Type: Indeterminate
- Planting Depth: .25"
- Seed Spacing: Sow your Big Rainbow Heirloom Tomato seeds roughly 2' apart in rows, keeping each row approximately 2.5' apart.
- Disease Resistance: Late blight
Instructions: Start Big Rainbow Heirloom Tomato seeds indoors in a sunny location 6 weeks prior to warm weather. Transplant outdoors in full sun when seedlings display 4-6 leaves and weather is warm. Seed can be sown directly into garden when soil is warm. Tomatoes cannot tolerate frost.
Suggestions: To keep tomatoes clean and easier to pick, support with stakes or cages. Tomatoes require at least an inch of water per week.