Beefsteak Tomatoes are indeterminate plants that are very poplar and have excellent productivity to go along with a wonderful taste.
The meaty flesh and classic beefsteak flavor of this organic tomato makes it an ideal tomato for eating fresh or slicing for sandwiches.
Sow Easy seeds are pelleted with an all-natural coating made from a mix of clay, perlite, and FDA-approved food coloring. This coating adds some bulk to small seeds and stands out in the soil, making direct sowing and accurate spacing easier than ever. However, the coating does add a few days to the germination time when compared to uncoated seed.
- Flavor: Meaty and firm with the classic beefsteak flavor.
- Preparation Ideas: A perfect choice to slice and add to sandwiches.
- Plant Type: Vegetable
- Pelleted Seed Count: 50 Pelleted Seeds
- Grows Best In: Full Sun
- Days to Germination: 8-10 Days
- Days to Maturity: 80 Days
- Growth Type: Indeterminate
- Planting Depth: .25"
- Seed Spacing: Plant Sow Easy Beefsteak Tomato seeds roughly 2' apart in rows.
Instructions: Start Sow Easy Beefsteak Tomato seeds indoors in a sunny location 6 weeks prior to warm weather. Transplant outdoors in full sun when seedlings display 4-6 leaves and the weather is warm. Seeds can be sown directly into the garden when soil is warm. Tomatoes cannot tolerate frost.
Suggestions: To keep tomatoes clean and easier to pick, support with stakes or cages. Tomatoes require at least an inch of water per week.