Our Organic Ruby Red Swiss Chard seeds grow into a good yielder all summer and into the fall.
The tender sweet rhubarb-like stalks of this organic swiss chard are ruby red. The bright color extends into the leaf veins of the dark green, heavily crumpled leaves. It's delicious in salads or cooked. These very ornamental plants reach 18"-24" in length!
- Flavor: Sweet, earthy tastes.
- Preparation Ideas: Steam with other greens or add to salads.
- Plant Type: Vegetable
- Fill Weight (grams): 3.75
- Grows Best In: Sun/Partial Shade
- Days to Germination: 7-10 Days
- Days to Maturity: 50-60 Days
- Planting Depth: .25"
- Seed Spacing: Plant your Organic Ruby Swiss Chard seeds roughly 6" apart in rows.
- Best Container Size: 12"+
Instructions: Sow Organic Ruby Swiss Chard seeds in outdoor rows as soon as the ground can be worked. Place 1 seed every 3" and cover firmly with soil. Swiss Chard prefers full sun. Thin to 6" apart when plants are 3" tall. Use trimmings as fresh greens. Keep plants heavily mulched and moist.
Suggestions: When plants are 7" tall, cut outer leaves at soil level with a sharp knife. Harvest will continue all season if inside leaves are permitted to grow.