Strawberry Alpine Seed Packet - Ferry-Morse
Alpine Strawberry seeds grow into an aromatic plant that produces tasty, crimson colored strawberries.
It's a joy to grow these strawberries in pots and borders with its compact foliage dangling delicious fruits all summer long! These are best started indoors in the early spring.
If you're having a little bit of difficulty getting your strawberry seeds to germinate then we suggest giving cold stratification a try.
- Flavor: Fresh, wild strawberry taste.
- Preparation Ideas: A great choice for making strawberry jam.
- Plant Type: Fruit
- Fill Weight (grams): 0.1
- Grows Best In: Full Sun
- Days to Germination: 9-12 Days
- Days to Maturity: 90-110 Days
- Planting Depth: .125-.25"
- Seed Spacing: Sow Alpine Strawberry seeds roughly 3" apart in rows, keeping rows approximately 8" apart.
- Best Container Size: 14"+
Instructions: Start Alpine Strawberry seeds indoors 5-8 weeks before the last killing frost in the spring. Or, sow 2-3 seeds together outdoors every 2'. Thin to 1 plant every 8" when seedlings are a couple of inches tall.
Suggestions: Seeds will germinate best between 65 and 75 degrees. For better luck with germination, freeze strawberry seeds for 2-4 weeks in an airtight container or sealed plastic bag. Remove the container or bag from the freezer, wait until it's reached room temperature to open and then plant.