Squash Fordhook Zucchini Seed Packet - Ferry-Morse
Our Organic Fordhook Zucchini is a classic, cylindrical, dark-green straight to slightly curved zucchini.
The tender, creamy-white flesh of this squash variety will freeze well for preservation. Vigorous & productive bush squash plants.
- Flavor: Tender.
- Preparation Ideas: Great for freezing.
- Plant Type: Vegetable
- Fill Weight (grams): 3.75
- Grows Best In: Full Sun
- Days to Germination: 7 - 10 Days
- Days to Maturity: 57 Days
- Growth Type: Bush
- Planting Depth: 1"
- Seed Spacing: Sow your Fordhook Zucchini Organic Squash seeds roughly 4' apart in a row, keeping rows approximately 3' apart.
Instructions: After all danger of frost, in a sunny location, sow 5 Fordhook Zucchini Organic Squash seeds spaced evenly over a hill 9" to 12" tall and 2' across. When plants are 3" tall, thin by cutting all but the 3 strongest seedlings per hill. To avoid weeding, mulch heavily around plants and in the rows.
Suggestions: Pick summer squash early and often. Not picking will stop production of plants. Ready to harvest just after blossom falls from squash and it can be easily dented with thumbnail.