Squash Early White Bush Scallop Seed Packet - Ferry-Morse
Early White Bush Scallop Squash is one of the best white summer squashes around.
The bush type plants on this scallop squash produce tender fruits that are best when harvested at 4"-6" in diameter. These deliciously mild white squash are low in calories and a good source of vitamin A.
- Flavor: Mild, sweet flavor.
- Preparation Ideas: Slice and sauté for a delicious treat!
- Plant Type: Vegetable
- Fill Weight (grams): 4.5
- Grows Best In: Full Sun
- Days to Germination: 7-10 Days
- Days to Maturity: 50 Days
- Growth Type: Summer
- Planting Depth: 1"
- Seed Spacing: Sow Early White Bush Scallop Squash seeds roughly 4' apart in rows.
- Best Container Size: 12"+
Instructions: After all danger of frost and in a sunny location, sow five Early White Bush Scallop Squash seeds spaced evenly over a hill 9"-12" tall and 2' across. When the plants are 3" tall, thin by cutting all but the 3 strongest seedlings per hill. To avoid weeding, mulch heavily around plants and in the rows.
Suggestions: Pick summer squash early and often. Not picking will stop the production of the plants. Early White Bush Scallop Squash is ready to harvest just after blossom falls from fruit and fruit can be easily dented with a thumbnail.