Squash Early Prolific Straightneck Seed Packet - Ferry-Morse
This exceptionally productive variety of summer squash bears fruits that can be eaten when they are 4"-12" long. High in vitamin A, the flesh of this heirloom squash is tender and delicious.
- Flavor: Mild with a slight nutty flavor and a buttery hint when cooked.
- Preparation Ideas: Slice this variety thinly and layer into a lasagna.
- Plant Type: Vegetable
- Fill Weight (grams): 4.5
- Grows Best In: Full Sun
- Days to Germination: 7-10 Days
- Days to Maturity: 50 Days
- Growth Type: Summer
- Planting Depth: 1"
- Seed Spacing: Sow Heirloom Early Prolific Straightneck Squash seeds roughly 3' apart in rows.
- Best Container Size: 12"+
Instructions: After all danger of frost, in a sunny location, sow a few seeds spaced evenly over a hill 9-12 inches tall and 2' across. When the plants are 3" tall, thin by cutting all but the three strongest seedlings per hill. To avoid weeding, mulch heavily around plants and in the rows.
Suggestions: Pick summer squash early and often! Not picking will stop the production of the plants. Ready to harvest just after blossom falls from fruit and fruit can be easily dented with a thumbnail.