Squash Dark Green Zucchini Seed Packet - Ferry-Morse
Black Beauty Squash is an early, productive, and easy to grow squash variety.
This is a favorite summer squash with its glossy, dark green fruits and fantastic flavor. Black Beauty Squash seeds take roughly 8-10 days to germinate!
- Flavor: Tender and firm with excellent flavor.
- Preparation Ideas: Great when grilled, steamed, sauteed, or boiled.
- Plant Type: Vegetable
- Fill Weight (grams): 4.5
- Grows Best In: Full Sun
- Days to Germination: 8-10 Days
- Days to Maturity: 50 Days
- Growth Type: Summer
- Planting Depth: 1"
- Seed Spacing: Sow Black Beauty Squash seeds roughly 4' apart in rows, keeping each row approximately 4' apart.
Instructions: Start Black Beauty Squash seeds indoors 3-4 weeks before outdoor planting time for earliest harvest, or sow directly outdoors in a sunny location. Sow 4-6 seeds around a 12" diameter hill. After germination, thin to 3 seedlings per hill. Harvest squash regularly.
Suggestions: For an elegant presentation, pick young fruits with flower attached, steam lightly, and serve the whole squash.