This organic zucchini squash is delicious when sliced and served fresh, fried, steamed, or simmered. Its dark green fruits have a creamy white flesh that taste best when harvested at 6"-8" long. High in vitamin A.
- Flavor: Tender and firm with an excellent flavor.
- Preparation Ideas: Great when grilled, steamed, sautéed, or boiled.
- Plant Type: Vegetable
- Fill Weight (grams): 4.25
- Grows Best In: Full Sun
- Days to Germination: 7-10 Days
- Days to Maturity: 63 Days
- Growth Type: Summer
- Planting Depth: 1"
- Seed Spacing: Sow Organic Black Beauty Zucchini Squash seeds roughly 3' apart in rows.
Instructions: After all danger of frost has passed and in a sunny location, sow five seeds spaced evenly over a hill 9"-12" tall and 2' across. When plants are 3" tall, thin by cutting all but the 3 strongest seedlings per hill. To avoid weeding, mulch heavily around plants and in the rows.
Suggestions: Pick summer squash early and often. Not picking will stop production of plants. Black Beauty Zucchini is ready to harvest just after blossoms fall from fruit and fruit can be easily dented with a thumbnail.