Teton Hybrid Spinach is a very productive hybrid variety that yields dark green, smooth, tender leaves with upright growth.
This spinach variety will bring you tasty greens that are loaded with vitamins A, C and the B-complex. Variety is slow to bolt.
- Flavor: Good texture with a mild flavor.
- Preparation Ideas: Excellent as greens used in salads or cooked, Teton Hybrid spinach is also a good freezing variety.
- Plant Type: Vegetable
- Fill Weight (grams): 2
- Grows Best In: Sun/Partial Shade
- Days to Germination: 8-10 Days
- Days to Maturity: 45-50 Days
- Planting Depth: .5"
- Seed Spacing: Sow Teton Hybrid Spinach seeds roughly 6" apart in rows.
- Best Container Size: 12"+
- Disease Resistance: Downey mildew
- Tolerance: Bolt
Instructions: Sow Teton Hybrid Spinach seeds in rows directly outdoors as soon as the ground can be worked. Place one seed every 2" and cover them with soil. When plants are about 3" tall, thin to 6" apart. Use spinach thinnings in salads. Harvest your spinach before flower stalk forms.
Suggestions: Harvest entire spinach plants at the soil line when the outer leaves are 6" long. Or just cut away outer leaves as needed for a continuous crop until hot weather. Sow again in the late summer.