Spinach Bloomsdale Long Standing Organic Seed Packet - Ferry-Morse
These Organic Bloomsdale Spinach seeds will produce an organic spinach variety that is slower to bolt than other Bloomsdale types.
This organic spinach is richly flavored and has thick, crinkled dark green leaves which make it a favorite among gardeners everywhere. A cool weather leafy vegetable, Bloomsdale Long Standing Spinach is high in vitamins A, C and the B-complex!
- Flavor: A great, old-timey taste.
- Preparation Ideas: Use this delicious variety in a salad, pasta dish, or omelette.
- Plant Type: Vegetable
- Fill Weight (grams): 5
- Grows Best In: Sun/Partial Shade
- Days to Germination: 8-10 Days
- Days to Maturity: 45 Days
- Planting Depth: .5"
- Seed Spacing: Sow Organic Bloomsdale Long Standing Spinach seeds roughly 6" apart in rows.
- Best Container Size: 12"+
Instructions: Sow in rows directly outdoors as soon as the ground can be worked. Place one seed every 2 inches and cover with soil. When plants are about 3 inches tall, thin to 6 inches apart. Use thinnings in salads. Harvest before flower stalk forms.
Suggestions: Harvest entire plants at the soil line when outer leaves are 6 inches long. Or, just cut away outer leaves as needed for a continuous crop until hot weather. Sow again in the late summer.