Sage Organic Seed Packet - Ferry-Morse
Sage is the most popular of all herbs for seasoning because of its mildly pungent flavor and pleasant aroma! Sage can be used fresh or dried in stuffing and in pork or cheese dishes. The attractive plant can be grown for beautiful gray accents in your flower gardens.
- Flavor: Mildly pungent with a savory flavor and slight pepper taste.
- Preparation Ideas: Use this to flavor meats and stuffings.
- Plant Type: Herb
- Fill Weight (grams): 0.96
- Grows Best In: Sun/Partial Shade
- Days to Germination: 10-20 Days
- Days to Maturity: 70-80 Days
- Planting Depth: .25"
- Seed Spacing: 12"
- Growing Height: 16-24"
- Best Container Size: 12"+
Instructions: Start seeds indoors in a sunny location 6 weeks before transplanting outdoors. Or, sow directly in the garden in ordinary well-drained soil in full sun after the danger of frost is past. Thin or transplant plants to 12 inches apart when they are 2 inches tall. Pick leaves as needed.
Suggestions: For storage, cut the top 5 inches of stalks before flowering in early summer and dry leaves in the shade. Repeat as new growth develops. Sage will thrive as a potted plant.