Radish Sparkler Seed Packet - Ferry-Morse
Sparkler Radish is a favorite with home gardeners everywhere.
This easy to grow radish variety has crisp, white flesh. High in vitamin C and an excellent flavor, a great choice not only for the garden but for your kitchen, too.
- Flavor: Mild and crisp flesh.
- Preparation Ideas: Use whole as a garnish or on a relish tray.
- Plant Type: Vegetable
- Fill Weight (grams): 3.5
- Grows Best In: Full Sun
- Days to Germination: 4-7 Days
- Days to Maturity: 25 Days
- Growth Type: Spring
- Planting Depth: .5"
- Seed Spacing: Plant Sparkler Radish seeds roughly 1" apart in rows, keeping each row approximately 12" apart.
- Best Container Size: 12"+
Instructions: In full sun, sow 2 Sparkler Radish seeds per inch in the row. Cover seeds firmly with soil. When plants have 3 or 4 leaves, thin to 1" apart. For a steady crop, sow every 10 days until warm weather and again in the fall until 30 days before frost.
Suggestions: Radishes exhibit best flavor when grown in cool weather and full sun. Use thinnings in salads. For mild radishes, mulch and keep watered to speed growth.