Radish French Breakfast Seed Packet - Ferry-Morse
French Breakfast Radish produces crisp, colorful radishes that are treasured among salad gourmets.
This radish variety has beautiful bi-colors of scarlet with white tips. Adds the perfect splash of color to your salads. This radish has more of an old-world radish flavor than traditional radishes.
- Flavor: Doesn't become hot, bitter, or pithy in warm weather.
- Preparation Ideas: Eat it raw in a salad or sautee in butter, salt, and pepper for a great side dish.
- Plant Type: Vegetable
- Fill Weight (grams): 2.55
- Grows Best In: Full Sun
- Days to Germination: 4-7 Days
- Days to Maturity: 24 Days
- Growth Type: Summer
- Planting Depth: .5"
- Seed Spacing: Sow French Breakfast Radish seeds roughly 1" apart in rows, keeping rows apart by roughly 12".
- Best Container Size: 12"+
Instructions: In full sun, sow 2 French Breakfast Radish seeds per inch in the row. Cover seeds firmly with soil. When plants have 3 or 4 leaves, thin to 1" apart. For a steady crop, sow every 10 days until warm weather and again in the fall until 30 days before frost.
Suggestions: Radishes exhibit best flavor when grown in cool weather and full sun. Use thinnings in salads. For mild radishes, mulch and keep watered to speed growth.