Pumpkin Jack O'Lantern Seed Packet - Ferry-Morse
A Halloween favorite, the Jack O'Lantern Pumpkin will grow to 12"-16" in diameter.
This pumpkin variety has a bright orange shell that is hard and furrowed — which makes it absolutely perfect for carving! Plant these Jack O'Lantern pumpkin seeds to grow your own decorative pumpkins each fall.
- Flavor: Mild, not as sweet as other pumpkin varieties.
- Preparation Ideas: Can be used for pies, but best used as jack o'lanterns.
- Plant Type: Vegetable
- Fill Weight (grams): 4
- Grows Best In: Sun/Partial Shade
- Days to Germination: 7-10 Days
- Days to Maturity: 100 Days
- Growth Type: Carving, cooking
- Planting Depth: 1-1.5"
- Seed Spacing: Sow Jack O Lantern Pumpkin seeds roughly 8' apart in rows.
Instructions: You can sow a few Jack O Lantern Pumpkin seeds over a hill 9"-12" tall and 1' across. Choose an area with full sun after any chance of frost has passed. Thin to 3 plants per hill when 1" tall. When pumpkin vines are 3" high, thin to the strongest plant on each hill. Use a heavy organic mulch to control weeds.
Suggestions: Ready to harvest in fall when rind cannot be dented with a fingernail. Cut pumpkins from the vine with a sharp knife, leaving at least a 3" handle.