Pepper Tam Jalapeno Seed Packet - Ferry-Morse
Tam Jalapeno Peppers are mild, high yielding jalapenos that are ideal for pickling, stir-fry, or just spicing up any dish.
It is a relatively small variety, producing 3"-6" peppers. These peppers go from green to deep red when mature!
- Flavor: Very mild hot pepper.
- Preparation Ideas: Use in salsa, sauces, pickling, or in place of hotter jalapenos.
- Plant Type: Vegetable
- Fill Weight (grams): 0.75
- Grows Best In: Full Sun
- Days to Germination: 10-12 Days
- Days to Maturity: 80-90 Days
- Growth Type: Hot
- Planting Depth: .25"
- Seed Spacing: Sow Tam Jalapeno Peppers seeds roughly 18" apart in rows, keeping rows approximately 2.5' apart.
- Best Container Size: 12"+
- Disease Resistance: Potato virus y
Instructions: Start Tam Jalapeno Peppers seeds indoors 8 weeks before planting outdoors. Keep seed moist and in full sunlight. Transplant when 3" tall. Or, sow directly in the garden in a sunny location after the danger of frost is past. Plant 2 seeds every 18". Thin to 1 plant every 18" when 3" tall. Use a balanced fertilizer when 6" tall to increase production.
Suggestions: Plant hot and sweet peppers in separate areas to avoid cross-pollination. Pick peppers regularly for increased yields.