Pepper Sweet Banana Seed Packet - Ferry-Morse
A winning pepper variety because these produce sweet fruits without even a trace of hot/spicy-ness. Banana Peppers can be eaten at any size but are best tasting at 6"-7". You will know that a Banana Pepper is ripe and ready for picking when it turns a light yellow color. These vigorous, erect plants hold the peppers off the ground.
- Flavor: This sweet pepper gets sweeter as it ripens from light green all the way to red.
- Preparation Ideas: Roast these sweet peppers or add them as a delicious topping to pizza.
- Plant Type: Vegetable
- Fill Weight (grams): 0.7
- Grows Best In: Full Sun
- Days to Germination: Sweet Banana Pepper seeds should germinate within 10-12 days.
- Days to Maturity: 70 Days
- Growth Type: Sweet
- Planting Depth: .25"
- Seed Spacing: Sow Sweet Banana Pepper seeds approximately 18" apart in rows.
- Best Container Size: 12"+
Instructions: You can grow Sweet Banana Peppers by starting seeds indoors 8 weeks before planting outdoors. Keep seeds moist in full sunlight. Transplant when 3" tall. You can also sow Sweet Banana Pepper seeds directly in the garden in a sunny location after the danger of frost is past. Plant 2 seeds every 18" and thin or transplant to one plant every 18" when seedlings are 3" tall. Use a balanced fertilizer when 6" tall to increase production.
Suggestions: Plant hot and sweet peppers in separate areas to avoid cross-pollination. Pick peppers regularly for increased yields.