Pepper Serrano Chili Seed Packet - Ferry-Morse
Serrano Chili Peppers are said to be one of the hottest peppers available.
Abundant, small fruits ripen from dark green to deep crimson. This pepper variety is an excellent choice for making pepper sauce and hot chili sauce.
For best taste, pick Serrano peppers while they are still green or just beginning to change coloring.
- Flavor: Don't be scared! Not TOO hot for most palates.
- Preparation Ideas: Great for pepper or hot chili sauces, and one of the most commonly used hot peppers in cooking.
- Plant Type: Vegetable
- Fill Weight (grams): 0.65
- Grows Best In: Full Sun
- Days to Germination: 10-12 Days
- Days to Maturity: 73 Days
- Growth Type: Hot
- Planting Depth: .25"
- Seed Spacing: Sow Serrano Chili Peppers seeds roughly 18" apart in rows, keeping each row approximately 2.5' apart.
Instructions: Start Serrano Chili Peppers seeds indoors 8 weeks before planting outdoors. Keep seeds moist in full sunlight. Transplant seedlings when 3" tall. Or, sow directly in the garden in a sunny location after the danger of frost is past. Plant 2 seeds every 18" then thin or transplant to 1 plant every 18" when 3" tall. Use a balanced fertilizer when 6" tall to increase production.
Suggestions: Plant hot and sweet peppers in separate areas to avoid cross-pollination. Pick peppers regularly for increased yields.