Pepper Pasilla Bajo Seed Packet - Ferry-Morse
The Pasilla Bajo Pepper is a mildly hot pepper variety that turns form green to brown when mature.
This pepper is absolutely superb when dried and then used to make smoky-flavored sauces. Popular in Latin dishes!
- Flavor: Mildly hot.
- Preparation Ideas: Mainly dried and used to make sauces with a smoky flavor.
- Plant Type: Vegetable
- Fill Weight (grams): 0.25
- Grows Best In: Full Sun
- Days to Germination: 10-12 Days
- Days to Maturity: 75 Days
- Growth Type: Hot
- Planting Depth: .25"
- Seed Spacing: Sow Pasilla Bajo Pepper seeds roughly 18" apart in rows, keeping rows approximately 2.5' apart.
- Disease Resistance: Tobacco Mosaic Virus
Instructions: Start Pasilla Bajo Pepper seeds indoors 8 weeks before planting outdoors. Keep seed moist and in full sunlight. Transplant when 3" tall. Or, sow directly in the garden in a sunny location after the danger of frost is past. Plant 2 seeds every 18". Thin to 1 plant every 18" when 3" tall. Use a balanced fertilizer when 6" tall to increase production.
Suggestions: Plant hot and sweet peppers in separate areas to avoid cross-pollination. Pick peppers regularly for increased yields.