Pepper Jalapeno Early Organic Seed Packet - Ferry-Morse
Organic Jalapeno Early Pepper is poplar for Tex-Mex dishes and often used for pickling.
This organic Early Jalapeno pepper has dark green fruit that grows to a length of 3" and can be left on the bush to mature to a fiery red Jalapeno pepper with medium heat. The compact and sturdy growth make it a perfect pepper variety to grow in containers.
- Flavor: Medium heat.
- Preparation Ideas: Ideal for Tex-Mex dishes but can also be used for pickling.
- Plant Type: Vegetable
- Fill Weight (grams): 0.85
- Grows Best In: Full Sun
- Days to Germination: 10-12 Days
- Days to Maturity: 75 Days
- Growth Type: Hot
- Planting Depth: .25"
- Seed Spacing: Sow Organic Jalapeno Early Pepper seeds roughly 18" apart in rows.
- Best Container Size: 12"+
Instructions: Start Organic Jalapeno Early Pepper seeds indoors 8 weeks before planting outdoors. Transplant when 3" tall. Or, sow pepper seeds directly in the garden in a sunny location after the danger of frost is past. Thin or transplant to 1 plant every 18" when 3" tall. Use a balanced fertilizer when 6" tall to increase production.
Suggestions: Plant hot and sweet peppers in separate areas to avoid cross-pollination. Pick peppers regularly for increased yields.