Long Slim Cayenne Peppers are a twisted pepper that grows to about 4"-6" long.
While growing, they will begin with a deep green coloring when young and eventually ripen to a brilliant red. The fiery-hot flavor of this pepper variety makes it a perfect option for seasoning!
- Flavor: Fiery hot pepper.
- Preparation Ideas: Use as a seasoning to add heat to your dish.
- Plant Type: Vegetable
- Fill Weight (grams): 0.25
- Grows Best In: Full Sun
- Days to Germination: 10-12 Days
- Days to Maturity: 75-80 Days
- Growth Type: Hot
- Planting Depth: .25"
- Seed Spacing: Plant Long Slim Organic Cayenne Pepper seeds roughly 18" apart. Keep rows of seeds approximately 2.5' apart.
Instructions: Start Long Slim Organic Cayenne Pepper seeds indoors 8 weeks before planting outdoors. Keep seeds moist in full sunlight. Or, sow directly in the garden in a sunny location. Plant 2 seeds every 18". Thin or transplant to 1 plant every 18" when 3" tall. Use a balanced fertilizer when 6" tall to increase production.
Suggestions: Plant hot and sweet peppers in separate areas to avoid cross-pollination. Pick peppers regularly for increased yields.