Organic Clemson Spineless #80 Okra seeds grow into plants with fleshy ribbed okra pods.
To enjoy more tender okra then pick okra when it's roughly 3" long. This variety of okra is a heavy producer that can be picked regularly. Great in Cajun dishes!
- Flavor: Meaty with strong flavor.
- Preparation Ideas: Commonly boiled or fried; used in Cajun dishes.
- Plant Type: Vegetable
- Fill Weight (grams): 6
- Grows Best In: Full Sun
- Days to Germination: 12-14 Days
- Days to Maturity: 58 Days
- Planting Depth: .75"
- Seed Spacing: Sow two Organic Clemson Spineless #80 Okra seeds every 18" in a row. Thin to one okra plant every 18" when seedlings are 2" tall.
Instructions: Start seeds indoors 6-8 weeks before your last frost or sow seeds directly in your garden in full sun after all danger of frost and the ground is warm. Meets cotton pest quarantine.
Suggestions: Pick pods when they become 3"-4" long. If they are allowed to become mature, plants will stop producing.