Onion Sweet Spanish Yellow Utah Jumbo Seed Packet - Ferry-Morse
Sweet Spanish Utah Onion is a very large onion variety.
These onions often weigh in at around 2 pounds when mature. An excellent variety for slicing. Its white flesh has a mild, sweet, delicious flavor. Grow fresh onions in your garden with these sweet onion seeds!
- Flavor: Crisp, sweet, and mild.
- Preparation Ideas: An excellent onion for eating raw.
- Plant Type: Vegetable
- Fill Weight (grams): 1.7
- Grows Best In: Full Sun
- Days to Germination: 10-12 Days
- Days to Maturity: 115 Days
- Growth Type: Long day
- Planting Depth: .5"
- Seed Spacing: Sow Sweet Spanish Yellow Utah Jumbo Onion seeds roughly 3" apart in rows, keeping each row approximately 18" apart.
- Best Container Size: 12"+
Instructions: Start Sweet Spanish Yellow Utah Jumbo Onion seeds indoors 8-10 weeks before transplanting outdoors. When transplanting, clip plants to 3" and plant 2" deep. Or, sow directly in the garden when the ground can be worked, placing 2-3 seeds per inch. Thin to 3" apart when the plants are 6" tall. Harvest onions by pulling bulbs when the tops are brown and dry.
Suggestions: Fertile, moist soil enriched with compost is best for onion production. Onions ward off many insect pests around lettuce, cabbage, and carrots. Use thinnings as green onions.