These Organic Evergreen Bunching Onion Seeds will produce long, thin green stalks that are often used in cooking to replace chives.
Evergreen Onions are grown for their bunching growth type. The crispness and mild flavor of this onion variety make it delicious as an appetizer, relish, or for use in salads.
It is recommended that you sow 2-3 bunching onion seeds per inch and then thin seedlings 3" apart when they grow to be 3" in height. Rows of sown bunching onion seeds should be kept around 12" apart. As long as you follow these directions when planting in containers, your onion plants should grow just fine. Also be sure to sow seeds in a well draining soil!
- Flavor: Zesty and mild!
- Preparation Ideas: This variety is a great choice for use in salads and sandwiches.
- Plant Type: Vegetable
- Fill Weight (grams): 2.2
- Grows Best In: Full Sun
- Days to Germination: 10-12 Days
- Days to Maturity: 60 Days
- Growth Type: Bunching
- Planting Depth: .25"-.5"
- Seed Spacing: Sow 2-3 Organic Evergreen Bunching Onion seeds seeds every 1".. Thin seedlings to 3" apart when plants are 3" in height.
- Best Container Size: 12"+
Instructions: Sow directly in the garden in full sun and well-drained soil, placing 2-3 seeds per inch. Thin to 3 inches apart when plants are 3 inches tall. When onions are pencil thick, begin pulling for table use.
Suggestions: Use thinnings and green stems in your favorite recipes to replace chives.