Okra Emerald Seed Packet - Ferry-Morse
Emerald Okra is a Cajun-cooking favorite vegetable.
Also popular in soups, stews, and when fried or boiled. The long, deep green, ribbed pods of this okra variety are very tender. Emerald Okra is a prolific plant that produces abundant crops with regular picking. Emerald Okra plant grows to a height of 5'-7'.
- Flavor: Smooth, tender, and delicious!
- Preparation Ideas: Used in soups, stews, gumbos, and Cajun dishes.
- Plant Type: Vegetable
- Fill Weight (grams): 5
- Grows Best In: Full Sun
- Days to Germination: 12-14 Days
- Days to Maturity: 58 Days
- Planting Depth: .75"
- Seed Spacing: Plant Emerald Okra seeds roughly 18" apart in rows, keeping rows approximately 3' apart.
Instructions: Sow 2 Emerald Okra seeds every 18" directly in the garden in full sun after all danger of frost and the ground is warm. Thin to one plant every 18" when the seedlings are 2" tall. Meets cotton pest quarantine.
Suggestions: Pick Okra pods when they become 3"-4" long. If they are allowed to become mature, plants will stop producing.