Okra Clemson Spineless Seed Packet - Ferry-Morse
The fleshy, ribbed pods of Clemson Spineless #80 Okra are very tender when picked at 3" in length.
Okra is great in Cajun dishes or when fried or boiled by itself, a great addition to the dish. This okra variety is a heavy producer with regular picking.
- Flavor: Meaty with strong flavor.
- Preparation Ideas: Okra is commonly boiled or fried and used in Cajun dishes.
- Plant Type: Vegetable
- Fill Weight (grams): 5
- Grows Best In: Full Sun
- Days to Germination: 12-14 Days
- Days to Maturity: 58 Days
- Planting Depth: .75"
- Seed Spacing: 3'/18" Sow Clemson Spineless #80 Okra seeds roughly 18" apart in rows.
Instructions: You can sow two Clemson Spineless #80 Okra seeds every 18" directly in the garden in full sun after all danger of frost and the ground is warm. Thin to one plant every 18" when the seedlings are 2" tall. Meets cotton pest quarantine.
Suggestions: Pick okra pods when they become 3"-4" long. If they are allowed to become mature, plants will stop producing.