Mesclun Mix Seed Packet - Ferry-Morse
Grow seven different salad greens from just one packet of seeds with this Mesclun Mix.
Enjoy the complementary flavors and textures of arugula, endive, red kale, red and green romaine, Salad Bowl variety lettuce and Lolla Rossa lettuce. It is beautiful in the garden and on the plate!
- Flavor: Mesclun Mix offers various tastes of different varieties of greens.
- Preparation Ideas: Different tastes, textures and colors make for exciting additions to salads.
- Plant Type: Vegetable
- Fill Weight (grams): 1.5
- Grows Best In: Full Sun
- Days to Germination: 7-10 Days
- Days to Maturity: 40-80 Days
- Planting Depth: .25"
- Seed Spacing: Sow Mesclun Mix seeds roughly 6" apart in rows.
- Best Container Size: 12"+
Instructions: You can sow Mesclun Mix seeds directly in the garden as early as the soil can be made fine and loose. Plant mesclun seeds every 2", covering firmly with soil. Thin plants to 6" apart when they display 2-3 leaves. As plants begin to crowd, pick individual leaves regularly for use.
Suggestions: Mesclun needs plenty of moisture. Also, fall crops may have to be started indoors since it may have a difficult time even germinating in hot weather. Transplant with care.