These Salad Bowl Lettuce seeds come pre-spaced and gently tucked into biodegradable tissue tape for easy sowing and even planting.
Even planting of this lettuce variety virtually eliminates the need for plant thinning. Salad Bowl Lettuce is a loose-leaved lettuce that is good for hot weather areas because it is slow to bolt. Its crisp, tender leaves have an appealing green color. High in vitamins A and B, too!
- Flavor: Sweet and doesn't get bitter in hot weather
- Preparation Ideas: As the name suggests, toss it into a bowl to start off a great salad
- Plant Type: Vegetable
- Pelleted Seed Count: 340+ Seeds
- Grows Best In: Sun/Partial Shade
- Days to Germination: 7-10 Days
- Days to Maturity: 45-50 Days
- Growth Type: Loose leaf
- Planting Depth: .25"
- Seed Spacing: 18"
- Disease Resistance: Bolt
- Tolerance: Relatively good heat tolerance
Instructions: Prepare the soil for planting seed tape. Make shallow rows 1/4" deep and 18" apart. Tear strips apart and unroll into rows. Water the seed tape thoroughly, then cover with soil and water thoroughly again. Seed tapes require consistent moisture to ensure best germination.
Suggestions: Lettuce needs plenty of moisture. Also, fall crops may have to be started indoors since lettuce has a difficult time even germinating in hot weather. Transplant with care.