Lettuce Green Salad Bowl Seed Packet - Ferry-Morse
This loose-leaf lettuce variety is good for hot weather areas because it is slow to bolt to seed. The crisp, tender lettuce leaves have an appealing green color. High in vitamins A and B.
- Flavor: Sweet, doesn't get bitter in hot weather.
- Preparation Ideas: As the name suggests, toss this lettuce into a salad bowl for your enjoyment.
- Plant Type: Vegetable
- Fill Weight (grams): 0.8
- Grows Best In: Sun/Partial Shade
- Days to Germination: 7-10 Days
- Days to Maturity: 50 Days
- Growth Type: Loose leaf
- Planting Depth: .25"
- Seed Spacing: Sow Green Salad Bowl Lettuce seeds roughly 6" apart.
- Best Container Size: 12"+
- Disease Resistance: Bolt
- Tolerance: Relatively good heat tolerance
Instructions: Sow Green Salad Bowl Lettuce seeds directly in the garden as early as the soil can be made fine and loose. You can plant seeds every 2", covering firmly with soil. Thin lettuce to 6" apart when they display 2 or 3 leaves. As plants begin to crowd, pick individual leaves regularly for use.
Suggestions: Lettuce needs plenty of moisture. Also, fall crops may have to be started indoors since lettuce has a difficult time even germinating in hot weather. Transplant with care.