Hoffman Vermiculite 8 Quart
Hoffman Horticultural Vermiculite has the benefits of improving soil aeration while retaining moisture and nutrients to feed roots, cuttings and seeds for faster, maximum growth. An efficient and popular soil conditioner (gold color) that loosens clay soil, provides aeration and retains water. Can be used to start seeds, propagate cuttings and store bulbs. Blend with peat moss & perlite for a custom soilless mix.
- For use in soil mixes, transplant and container media.
- Great for water retention and transplants mixes.
- To improve heavy soil, mix one part soil to one part Vermiculite.
- For custom soil, mix two parts Peat Moss with one part compost, and one part Vermiculite.
- For seed starting, fill a shallow container with a mix of 80/20 Peat Moss and vermiculite.
- The amount of water that vermiculite holds is too much for plants like cacti, succulents, or rhododendrons, which need a well-draining soil.