Dill Mammoth Seed Packet - Ferry-Morse
Long Island Mammoth Dill seeds are easy to grow and, when mature, this herb adds an excellent flavor to salads, soups, meat and fish.
Mammoth Dill is highly aromatic and used to make dill pickles. Seeds will germinate in 7-14 days. Mature plants can be harvested when the lower part of a seed cluster is ripe.
- Flavor: Use fresh for a full dill taste!
- Preparation Ideas: The leaves are popular for seasoning and seed clusters are used for pickling.
- Plant Type: Herb
- Fill Weight (grams): 1.5
- Grows Best In: Full Sun
- Days to Germination: 7-14 Days
- Days to Maturity: 65-70 Days
- Planting Depth: .25"
- Seed Spacing: 9"
- Growing Height: 30-42"
- Best Container Size: 12"+
Instructions: Sow directly in the garden in well-drained soil in a sunny location. Thin plants to 9 inches apart when they are 2 inches tall. The seeds can be harvested when the lower part of a seed cluster is ripe.
Suggestions: Harvest leaves just as the flowers open. To preserve leaves, dry them at 100 degrees Fahrenheit. For seeds, hang clusters in a warm, dry place with a tray beneath to catch seeds.