Cucumber Sumter Organic Seed Packet - Ferry-Morse
Organic Sumter Cucumber is the most poplar pickling cucumber variety among gardeners.
You'll soon have pickles of all sizes thanks to this very productive organic cucumber plant. Cucumbers measure about 6" long when fully mature. This straight, symmetrical cucumber has an attractive color and firm, tender flesh.
- Flavor: Non-bitter, crunchy, and firm.
- Preparation Ideas: Pick cucumber when a little shorter than 6" to make best pickles.
- Plant Type: Vegetable
- Fill Weight (grams): 3
- Grows Best In: Full Sun
- Days to Germination: 8-10 Days
- Days to Maturity: 50 Days
- Growth Type: Vining
- Planting Depth: .5"
- Seed Spacing: Sow Organic Sumter Cucumber seeds roughly 6' apart in rows.
- Disease Resistance: Downey Mildew|Powdery Mildew|Anthracnose|Angular Leaf Spot|Scab|Cucumber Mosaic Virus|Watermelon Mosaic Virus
Instructions: In full sun, sow a few Organic Sumter Cucumber seeds over a hill 12" tall and 2' across with well-drained soil. For smaller gardens, plant alongside a fence or trellis. When plants are 2" tall, thin to 3 plants per hill. Plant at 3 week intervals up to midsummer for fresh cucumbers all season. Keep cucumbers picked.
Suggestions: Plant cucumber seeds only after all danger of frost is past and the ground is warm. Cucumber need lots of sunshine and water to grow. Keep weeds to a minimum with a straw or leaf mulch.