Cucumber Straight Eight Seed Packet - Ferry-Morse
A great slicing cucumber, these perfectly straight garden favorites have thick, sweet, mild flesh with excellent flavor that makes this a superb choice for salads or for dipping.
If picked when they are small, these cukes are good for pickling, too. Defined as an heirloom cucumber because home gardeners keep on growing this old favorite for its large, flavorful fruits!
- Flavor: Sweet, mild taste.
- Preparation Ideas: Straight Eight cucumber goes great in salads! Also use for dipping or pickling.
- Plant Type: Vegetable
- Fill Weight (grams): 3
- Grows Best In: Full Sun
- Days to Germination: 8-10 Days
- Days to Maturity: 60 Days
- Growth Type: Vining
- Planting Depth: .5"
- Seed Spacing: Sow Heirloom Straight Eight Cucumber seeds 2' feet apart in rows.
- Disease Resistance: Cucumber mosaic
Instructions: In full sun, sow a few seeds over a hill that is 12" tall and 2' across with well-drained soil. For smaller gardens, plant alongside a fence or trellis. When plants are 2" tall, thin to three plants per hill. Plant at three week intervals up to midsummer for fresh cucumbers all season. Keep fruits picked.
Suggestions: Plant cucumber seeds only after all danger of frost is past and the ground is warm. They need lots of sunshine and water. Keep weeds to a minimum with a straw or leaf mulch.