Corn Sweet Silver Queen Seed Packet - Ferry-Morse
Hybrid Silver Queen Sweet Corn is a late-season, extremely tender and widely recognized white corn variety.
A standard for decades, this plant grows to 7'-8' and bears 8", slightly tapered ears with 14-16 rows of kernels in tight husks, filled to the tip. Tolerant of Stewart's Wilt and Northern Corn Leaf Blight.
- Characteristics: Se (sugary enhanced) White
- Flavor: Very sweet and tender.
- Preparation Ideas: Great for barbecues.
- Plant Type: Vegetable
- Fill Weight (grams): 13
- Grows Best In: Full Sun
- Days to Germination: 7 - 10 Days
- Days to Maturity: 85 Days
- Planting Depth: 1" - 1.5"
- Seed Spacing: Sow Hybrid Silver Queen Sweet Corn seeds roughly 12" apart.
Instructions: Sow Hybrid Silver Queen Sweet Corn seeds directly in the garden after all danger of frost is past and soil is warm. Plant 1 seed every 4". Thin to 1 plant every 12" when plants are 4" tall. Control weeds with a mulch and keep plants well watered, especially when tops begin to tassel.
Suggestions: For better ear fill, plant a number of short rows together instead of a single long row. This helps ensure pollination. For plenty of corn all season, plant early and late varieties.