Carrot Scarlet Nantes Seed Packet - Ferry-Morse
Scarlet Nantes carrots have a crispy, sweet flavor which makes them absolutely perfect for snacking. Nearly coreless, Scarlet Nantes carrots grow to be 6" long and feature a great red-orange color. These carrots do particularly well in clay soil.
- Flavor: Sweet and flavorful.
- Preparation Ideas: Use these in soups, stews, and gourmet salads.
- Plant Type: Vegetable
- Fill Weight (grams): 2
- Grows Best In: Full Sun
- Days to Germination: 14-25 Days
- Days to Maturity: 65-70 Days
- Growth Type: Root
- Planting Depth: .25"
- Seed Spacing: When sowing Scarlet Nantes Carrot seeds, sow 4 seeds per inch in a row and when seedlings are 2" high, thin seedlings to 3" apart.
- Best Container Size: 12"+
Instructions: In full sun and well-drained soil, sow 4 seeds per inch in the row. Cover the seeds firmly with soil. When the plants are 2 inches tall, thin to 3 inches apart in the row. For fresh carrots all season, plant every 3 weeks until 75 days before the first fall frost.
Suggestions: Too much water can cause carrots to crack. They should be kept weeded (a clean mulch can reduce this job). Also, lightly place soil over exposed roots to prevent cracking.