Carrot Danvers Sow Easy Seed Packet - Ferry-Morse
Danvers #126 Carrots have strong tops on their 8" mature roots and this is what makes Danvers Carrots easy to pull from the ground.
Carrots have a firm and crisp flesh with excellent flavor. Very productive and a fine keeper, this carrot variety is also high in vitamin A.
Sow Easy seeds are pelleted with an all-natural coating made from a mix of clay, perlite, and FDA-approved food coloring. This coating adds some bulk to small seeds and stands out in the soil, making direct sowing and accurate spacing easier than ever. However, the coating does add a few days to the germination time when compared to uncoated seed.
- Flavor: Crisp, fresh carrot taste.
- Preparation Ideas: Roast these carrots in olive oil for a nice addition to your meal.
- Plant Type: Vegetable
- Pelleted Seed Count: 250 Pelleted Seeds
- Grows Best In: Full Sun
- Days to Germination: Danvers Carrots seeds typically germinate in 8-12 days.
- Days to Maturity: 75 Days
- Growth Type: Root
- Planting Depth: .25-.5"
- Seed Spacing: Sow Danvers Carrots seeds roughly 3" apart in rows.
- Best Container Size: 12"+
Instructions: In full sun and well-drained soil, sow 4 Danvers Carrots seeds per inch in a row. Cover the seeds firmly with soil. When the plants are 2" tall, thin to 3" apart in the row. For fresh carrots all season, plant every 3 weeks until 75 days before the first fall frost.
Suggestions: Too much water can cause carrots to crack. They should be kept weeded (a clean mulch can reduce this job). Also, lightly place soil over exposed roots to prevent cracking.