Carrot Danvers Organic Seed Packet - Ferry-Morse
Strong tops on the 8" Mature roots of Organic Danvers Carrots make them easy to pull from the ground.
The flesh is firm, crisp, and has excellent flavor. A fine keeper and high in vitamin A.
- Flavor: Crisp, fresh carrot taste.
- Preparation Ideas: Roast this carrot variety in olive oil for a nice addition to your meal!
- Plant Type: Vegetable
- Fill Weight (grams): 2.5
- Grows Best In: Full Sun
- Days to Germination: 8-12 Days
- Days to Maturity: 75 Days
- Growth Type: Root
- Planting Depth: .25"-.5"
- Seed Spacing: Sow Organic Danvers Carrot seeds roughly 3" apart in rows.
- Best Container Size: 12"+
Instructions: In full sun and well-drained soil, sow 4 Organic Danvers Carrot seeds per inch in the row and cover seeds firmly with soil. When plants are 2" tall, thin to 3" apart in the row. For fresh carrots all season, plant every 3 weeks until 75 days before the first fall frost.
Suggestions: Too much water can cause carrots to crack. Carrots should be kept weeded (a clean mulch can reduce this job). Also, lightly place soil over exposed roots to prevent cracking.