Hearts of Gold Organic Cantaloupe is an excellent, healthy melon for home gardeners.
The aromatic deep-orange flesh of this melon variety is sweet and juicy. Vines are vigorous and very productive, producing melons high in vitamins A, B, and C!
- Flavor: Sweet, juicy and a richer flavor than most cantaloupes.
- Preparation Ideas: Perfect flavor for fruit salads.
- Plant Type: Fruit
- Fill Weight (grams): 1.8
- Grows Best In: Full Sun
- Days to Germination: 7 Days
- Days to Maturity: 70-90 Days
- Growth Type: Vining
- Planting Depth: .5"
- Seed Spacing: Sow Hearts of Gold Organic Cantaloupe seeds roughly 4' apart in rows, keeping rows approximately 4' apart.
Instructions: Start Hearts of Gold Organic Cantaloupe seeds indoors 4 weeks before planting outdoors. Take care not to disturb the roots when transplanting. Or, sow 6 seeds over a hill 9"-12" tall and 2' across. When the plants are 3" tall, thin to 3 plants per hill. Use a balanced fertilizer to increase yield.
Suggestions: Cantaloupe is ready to pick when golden beige, has a distinct aroma, and slips easily from the vine.