De Cicco Broccoli seeds produce a uniform, very productive broccoli variety that is high in vitamins!
The large heads of this cool weather vegetable also furnish a high percentage of side shoots. Oh and with only 42 calories per portion, it makes an excellent low calorie choice!
- Flavor: Sweet, fresh broccoli taste!
- Preparation Ideas: Add some lemon juice to your broccoli for a nice and easy side dish.
- Plant Type: Vegetable
- Fill Weight (grams): 1.2
- Grows Best In: Full Sun
- Days to Germination: 10-14 Days
- Days to Maturity: 90 Days
- Planting Depth: .5"
- Seed Spacing: Sow De Cicco Broccoli seeds roughly every 3'.
- Best Container Size: 12"+
Instructions: Start seeds indoors six to eight weeks before the last frost. Or, sow 2-3 seeds together outdoors every 2'. Thin to one plant every 2' when 1" tall. Keep watered and fertilized. Cut before buds open for best harvest.
Suggestions: Broccoli is a good producer when planted again in summer for fall harvest.