Beet Tall Top Early Wonder Seed Packet - Ferry-Morse
Tall Top Early Wonder Beets are a fine all-purpose beet variety high in vitamins A, B2, B6, and C.
The flattened, globe-shaped roots have purplish-red flesh and an excellent flavor.
- Flavor: Tops taste similar to chard.
- Preparation Ideas: Tops can be cooked like spinach, while beet roots can be pickled or frozen.
- Plant Type: Vegetable
- Fill Weight (grams): 4.25
- Grows Best In: Sun/Partial Shade
- Days to Germination: 8-10 Days
- Days to Maturity: 60 Days
- Growth Type: Root
- Planting Depth: 1"
- Seed Spacing: Sow Tall Top Early Wonder Beet seeds roughly 4" apart in rows, keeping each row approximately 18" apart.
- Best Container Size: 12"+
Instructions: Sow Tall Top Early Wonder Beet seeds in rows as early as the ground can be worked. After planting, press down covering with soil firmly. It performs best in full sun and well drained soil. When the tops are about 6" tall, pull the plants until the roots are 4" apart. Harvest when roots are 3" in diameter.
Suggestions: Use the tall upright tops for delicious greens. Beets can be grown repeatedly during the season for a bountiful crop.