The plump pods, about 4" long, are very easy to shell and have superior flavor. This variety is perfect for tender shell beans and for dried beans. They are loaded with vitamins and protein! Bush bean.
- Flavor: Rich, nutty flavor.
- Preparation Ideas: An outstanding choice for freezing.
- Plant Type: Vegetable
- Fill Weight (grams): 21
- Grows Best In: Full Sun
- Days to Germination: 6-8 Days
- Days to Maturity: 75 Days
- Growth Type: Bush
- Planting Depth: 1-1.5"
- Seed Spacing: Plant your Lima Fordhook Bush #242 Bean seeds roughly 4" apart in rows, keeping rows approximately 20" apart.
- Tolerance: Heat Tolerance|Drought Tolerance
Instructions: Sow Lima Fordhook Bush #242 Bean seeds when the soil is warm and all danger of frost is past. Plant 2 seeds every 4". Soaking seeds overnight before planting will speed germination. Thin to 1 plant every 4" when the plants have 4 leaves. Pick early and often to encourage production.
Suggestions: Avoid working around beans when wet; this may spread diseases. When weeding, hoe gently because beans are shallow-rooted. Mulch plants only after thinning.