Bean Garden Top Crop Seed Packet - Ferry-Morse
Our Heirloom Top Crop Buch Bean seeds grow into dark green 16" tall bush plants with straight, string-less bean pods.
These Top Crop beans are a 1950 All-America Selections Winner, an heirloom bean variety that has meaty pods measuring about 6"-7" long. Top Crop bush beans produce heavy yields and are great for your home garden!
- Flavor: Distinct old-time bean flavor.
- Preparation Ideas: Perfect for canning and freezing.
- Plant Type: Vegetable
- Fill Weight (grams): 14
- Grows Best In: Full Sun
- Days to Germination: 6-8 Days
- Days to Maturity: 45-53 Days
- Growth Type: Bush
- Planting Depth: 1-1.5"
- Seed Spacing: Sow Heirloom Top Crop Bush Bean seeds roughly 4" apart in rows.
- Disease Resistance: Common Bean Mosaic Virus|Peanut Mottle Virus
Instructions: Sow seed when soil is warm and all danger of frost is past. Plant two Heirloom Top Crop Bush Bean seeds every 4". Soaking seeds overnight before planting will speed germination. Thin to one plant every 4" when plants have 4 true leaves. Pick early and often to encourage production. Sow every 2 weeks until 8 weeks before fall frost.
Suggestions: Avoid working around beans when wet; this may spread diseases. When weeding, hoe gently because beans are shallow-rooted. Mulch plants only after thinning.