Grow our Heirloom Tendergreen Improved Bush Bean seeds and soon you will have an ultra-dependable, long-lasting plant that produces plenty of tasty green beans.
The long, smooth, string-less pods of this heirloom bush green bean variety are tender and at their best when 5-6" long. High in vitamins A, B and C. Disease resistant.
- Flavor: Tendergreen Improved Bush Beans are thick and meaty.
- Preparation Ideas: Perfect for canning and freezing; eat fresh if you can't resist!
- Plant Type: Vegetable
- Fill Weight (grams): 21
- Grows Best In: Full Sun
- Days to Germination: 6-8 Days
- Days to Maturity: 52 Days
- Growth Type: Bush
- Planting Depth: 1"-1.5"
- Seed Spacing: Sow two Tendergreen Improved Bush Bean seeds every 4", thin to one bush bean plant every 4" once seedlings grow 4 true leaves.
- Best Container Size: 12"+
- Disease Resistance: Downey/powdery mildew
Instructions: Sow seeds when the soil is warm and all danger of frost is past. Soaking seeds overnight before planting will speed seed germination. Pick early and often to encourage production. Sow every 2 weeks up until 8 weeks before your first frost!
Suggestions: Avoid working around beans when wet as this may spread diseases. When weeding, hoe gently because beans are shallow-rooted. Mulch plants only after thinning.