Garden Contender Bush Beans are an excellent, early-maturing green bean variety that produces abundantly.
These contender bean pods are round, stringless and at their best when 5.5"-6" long. High in vitamins A, B and C. Contender Bush Bean is disease tolerant to common bean mosaic and powdery mildew.
- Flavor: Distinctively strong green bean flavor.
- Preparation Ideas: Can or freeze this bush bean for future use.
- Plant Type: Vegetable
- Fill Weight (grams): 21
- Grows Best In: Full Sun
- Days to Germination: 6-8 Days
- Days to Maturity: 55 Days
- Growth Type: Bush
- Planting Depth: 1"-1.5"
- Seed Spacing: Sow Garden Contender Bush Beans seeds roughly 4" apart in rows.
- Best Container Size: 12"+
- Tolerance: Common Bean Mosaic|Powdery Mildew
Instructions: You can plant Garden Contender Bush Beans seeds outdoors when the soil is warm and all danger of frost is past. Plant 2 seeds every 4". Soaking seeds overnight before planting will speed germination. Thin to 1 plant every 4" when the plants have four leaves. Pick early and often to encourage growth.
Suggestions: Avoid working around beans when wet as this may spread diseases. When weeding, hoe gently because beans are shallow-rooted. Mulch plants only after thinning.